Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Cold

It’s cold now..bummer. By cold I mean mid-70s.

My independent study project (ISP) is winding down now. I left Friday. Thursday we got to go to a Men’s Support Group Meeting which was so different. They were more lively and interactive. Thought it was gonna be awkward with us there but not at all. Also at all these support group meetings we eat about half a loaf of bread and some fried chicken..its prime. I’m gonna miss the organization I’ve been working with, Siyaphila, and all the people who work there. They had a goodbye breakfast for us Friday morning. I got a lot done on my written report before I left Pietermaritzburg but I’ve been sitting here in Durban working on it as well. We present our research projects on Friday. Then were done! It’s weird. My project is on the Social Considerations of Implementing a Tuberculosis Treatment Support Program in KwaZulu-Natal: a look into the mobilization process of Siyaphila’s TB support program. It’s been interesting to write about. What I accomplished while I was there:
- Made a pamphlet
- Made a business card
- Made a flyer
- Made three different funding proposals
- Sent them out to about 25 businesses
- Still making a website but go to it siyaphila.org
- Made an email account

Anywho hopefully they will get some of that funding and can get money to pay some of their volunteers stipends and be able to afford food packets to those who can’t afford food to take their TB medication with.

Saturday we went to Victoria Street Market. Today I went grocery shopping and am currently cooking chicken and pasta. I’m nowhere near a legit cook yet…bummer. I’ve decided I don’t like to go grocery shopping nor cook for myself…there are too many ingredients. Perhaps if all the food was in my pantry I wouldn’t mind but I think I’m gonna have to marry a cook.

Tonight were going to karaoke..

No comments:

Post a Comment