Tuesday, March 23, 2010

About the meatballs..

1. I had to do them stovetop so I already have factors working against me
2. The meat I had to work with was subpar
3. The pans I had to use were limited and didn’t have appropriate lids
Having said that..the meatballs were gross. They fell apart so I made them mini hamburgers. It was fatty meat so it was greasy too. Andile loved them…I did not. I sat in my room embarrassed while they helped themselves when they finally got home.

The potatoes on the other hand I thought were very good. I boiled them and added my own butter garlic herby stuff on top that was pretty legit. But I don’t think they ever eat potatoes with skin on them so they like didn’t know what to do. I also made a salad they didn’t touch..but that’s usual. The salad is mainly for me.

Overall..it was a bust. But I plan on ordering pizza on Friday night..that should end the homestay on a good note. I can’t leave having this be the last meal I made. I really wanted to make brownies but our oven doesn’t work.

On another note..I got my third hep B shot today because I had to complete the series before I leave. Anywho it was very interesting. I went to a nice family practice nearby. I walked in and I was like I called about the shot and she was like ok come back. And she was going to just give me the shot and then was like wait have you been here before and I was like no. So she decided it was best I fill out some paperwork. The paperwork was a scrap sheet of paper. I filled in my name birthday (which the lady was like is this the 6th of july or the 7th of june cause they write it a different way) and the address here. That was it..very surprising. They didn’t even want to know that I had gotten the two before or anything..they didn’t care. So I walked back, wore a strategically easy shirt for shots and she was like I need to put it in your buttocks. So I began to allow her to do that and shes like no your shorts are low enough and sticks it in my love handle. Yup I got a shot in my love handle! I should probably take that as a hint..I have enough fat there to get a shot. So that’s a new one. They absolutely love injections here. You come in with a cold and they are like no worries and inject you, but never ever in the arm always in the butt or in my case love handle.

Just wanted to update everyone on that. This week we are having more lectures.

Academic Update:
Handed in my field study journal today. It is where you keep all your notes and analysis relating to your ISP. Next week we have to hand in our final CHS paper.

Grandpa – I played hearts on my computer and went for it all and I got it…I won!

3 comments:

  1. we shall only assume the needles that seem to be so freely available are wrapped in their own protective covering prior to injection in said "love handles"

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the hearts. New adventures for u next week. and the papers you are required to write, just like WF huh. Bet the meat was lamb. Makes us appreciate the golden arches. Hugs
    G pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So "like" where is my copy of all the papers you have written. You have to keep me updated, partially educated so I can at least understand what you talk about even if I can't contribute to the conversation.

    ReplyDelete